New and exciting features enhancing the Brevity solution:
- ProRes Support: Added encoding and decoding support for all ProRes types allowing for more flexibility with one of the industry’s most common formats.
- EVS: Brevity partnered with EVS to add support for EVS broadcast formats, allowing seamless workflows into and out of one of the most popular broadcasting systems worldwide.
- QuickTime RLE Support: Added support for a common broadcast animation graphics file format, preserving alpha channels and allowing seamless and fast transcoding into AVID DNxHD and other edit-ready formats.
- More Detailed Reporting: Expanded our standard reports to include the Brevity transport file size and compression rate as well as local transcode durations. This allows for more accurate calculations of bandwidth speeds, Brevity enhanced storage capabilities and benchmarking.
- Batch file send status: Added more detailed information about sending multiple files in a single transfer, percentage and estimated time to complete.
- Email Notifications: Users can now chose to be emailed when a send has started and/or completed.
- Auto-Send Files: Ability to send files to another Brevity unit without user intervention. Files copied into an auto-send directory will be sent to another Brevity unit automatically – great for automating workflows.
- UDT Support: Send files via the UDT protocol over WANs instead of standard TCP, allowing files to be transferred 20 - 30% faster, even with packet loss and latency.
- More Powerful Send Queue Management: Completely redesigned and reorganized the file queue menu, enabling users to quickly and easily re- prioritize groups of files, pause a send, remove files from the send queue, see estimated time to complete, and cancel a send after it’s started.
- Multiple File Transcoding: Harnessing even more processing power, Brevity now supports transcoding multiple files on the unit - in parallel – allowing for more files to be transcoded in the same period of time.
- Network Drive Selection: Brevity offers the ability to select a file from any drive or storage, including fiber-accessed SAN via fiber cards.
- Additional GUI enhancements: Provided the ability to set the application to start-up on either the send or receive screen to save even more time in time- critical workflows. Brevity altered the way the application processes file lists to allow navigating files without loading times.
- Deployment Improvements: Many additional improvements were made to the Brevity application components, including the central tracking server to make installing and troubleshooting installations faster and easier.